Search This Blog

Sunday 15 May 2011

Charles de Gaulle airport - Paris, France

Clive arrived at Gate E34 first and was munching a ham ciabbata when I got there, having been detained in the Virgin mobile phone shop! He reports that no iPad 2's were to be had in eithe Heathrow or Paris cdg. Equally, I can report a dirth of Motorola Milestone XT720's, which I am told is the latest smartphone to arrive from the USA.
Read the first few pages of China Road, by Rob Gifford on the plane from Bristol. He tells me that the Chinese have emigrated in their millions from the countryside to the cities - and we are going in the opposite direction, with a bit of luck. I haddn't fully appreciated that we as a nation seem to have behaved rather poorly during the colonial days when Shanghai etc were colonial outposts. Clive takes his pragmatic view that in those days we did as we thought appropriate. Doesn't hold with retrospective apologies. What does he think about slavery, I ask
To be continued!

No comments:

Post a Comment